5/13/18

HAWAII



A few months ago I was with a group of friends and we saw that flights to Hawaii were $300!?! We all took action right away and booked our flights. It was my finals week/last week of school but I worked it out with all of my professors to take my tests early or online and have been looking forward to it all semester long! It was such a needed getaway.
I LOVE HAWAII FOREVER!


Wednesday 5/2- today we flew to Oahu! Happiest moments of today included being content at Costco getting samples before driving to turtle bay and then going to a karaoke bar later in the night. We’re all really tired but I’m just feeling stoked to be here. It was my first bar experience because I technically wasn’t allowed to be at Karaoke after 10pm because im under 21 but they let me stay and it was much appreciated since Alex Angus and Jordan Gooch were singing their duet to Fergie’s my humps. I love and hate first day of trips like this! Love because there’s so much hope and excitement for the next few unwritten days and so much led up to this point- we’ve looked forward to it for so long! But hate that it’s begun because it’ll be over before we know it! 
 
 
Thursday 5/3- we went on a hike to the world war 2 pill boxes in the mud and rain and it was rough! We were all slipping and sliding and about to crash down the mountain. Then we took a little break and it was such a happy day eating shrimp tacos at a food truck across from sharks cove. After that we just went to Waimea beach and chilled there for the day. It had been so long since I’d swam in the ocean and it felt so nice to just be there and float. We also did a little bit of cliff jumping. One of the happiest parts of the day was just after we all got pizza for dinner and were eating it in the back of our rental truck then had a dance party in the parking lot. We just danced and ate for like 2 hours and nobody was even mad about it.  
Friday 5/4- we went straight to the beach today! Snorkeling and taking lots of pictures at shark’s cove then eating more shrimp tacos. There was a no swimming warning in the ocean because of rip currents but we did anyway (sorry mom) and it was hilarious. Everyone just got thrown to shore by ginormous waves. Then we went out to fancy Thai food dinner and im so exhausted and have so much sand in my hair.  
 
 Saturday 5/5- a big hilight of today was getting to go to the temple! The boys did all of the ordinances for us and the temple workers were so cute! One of them explained the symbols in the temple for us and told us the Hawaii temple was the 5th in the church, first after SLC, which made the church international! It gave me chills to think about. I love getting to hear the symbolism and stories behind everything in the church. 
After that we went to get banzai bowls and have our friend Hanna lead us in beach view yoga on our local friends back patio. There was also a cliff right by their house that we jumped off of. I didn’t jump because I was taking drone videos though. The drone also blew into me and cut my leg up so much so between that and mosquito bites my leg is pretty gnarly haha 
 
 Sunday 5/6- we went to church then went to the beach then went on a hike of death through mud and forest and me, Alex Angus, and Siera got lost when the group left us behind. There was drama. Tears were shed. My nikes are covered in mud. From here on out this trip will be remembered in two parts: pre waterfall hike and post waterfall hike. 
 Monday 5/7- today we woke up early to try to go shark diving but didn’t get to because the waters were so harsh! It was a bummer and all of us were still on kind of a low from yesterday! We tried to make the most of it by going to the beach but it was super cold and windy there too so we just went shopping in Haleiwa and it was so great. Matsumotos shaved ice plus the cute little guava shop boutique is definitely a happy corner of the world for me now. We also ate at the yummiest fresh farm to table place ever! It was all vegan and fresh and I had the best pitaya smoothie of my whole life there. Then we came home and I edited the video because all of us were exhausted. And I didn’t sleep at all because my legs are covered in mosquito bites 
Tuesday 5/8- last FULL day and night here in paradise! We went to wiamea beach and the waves were so huge! I was one of the only girls that went out and everyone was like so impressed with me which was actually low key insulting because everybody judges my adventure and fun skills on my hiking abilities! I’m fun and cool with most things I just can’t hike very fast haha! It started pouring rain so we went and got shrimp and hung out laying on the grass in the backyard editing the vlog. I actually love last nights of vacations- they’re so nostalgic and everyone’s happy to be together just hanging out with their sunburns and inside jokes and memories and pictures. Tonight we made awards for everybody in the house and the boys drew names in a girls “draft” and we went to 7 brothers and just hung out and laughed all night. It was so much fun but I’m sad to be leaving. 
Wednesday 5/9- last actual day here! Me, Tay, Alex, and cass went on a shark diving tour! It was so much fun and crazy to be so close to sharks but all I actually remember is how sick I was getting in the water and then how sick I felt when I got back on the boat and then Tay and cass throwing up! But it was still cool! After that we drove out of our way to get some well deserved banzai bowls for the last time but everyone else in the group hated us for doing that since they had to wait on the beach for us (whoops). We drove to the other side of the island to be closer to the airport and ended up sneaking into the Marriott resort to kill time. It was so fun to be there since it was such a family resort so it gave us all flashbacks to old family vacations. Like when you wore matching swimsuits with your siblings and did nothing but swim all day then order chicken nuggets from the resort pool. Such good times! Also we washed our hair and bodies before our flight in the showers at the beach. I’m going to miss this trip so much. I love the end of trips and vacations so much because everyone feels so united from the trip and the friendships that came from it. Like for some reason it doesn’t matter as much all the little fights that happened over people taking too long to get ready or taking us on the wrong trail on the hike because we all have Hawaii in May 2018 in common from here on out.  
 

No comments: