12/20/17

MUSEUM OF ICE CREAM // SAN FRANCISCO


 Can you say BEST TRIP EVER!? 
Seriously one of the most fun trips of my entire life. I think it was a combination of the perfect group of girls, just the right amount of planning/lack of planning, and zero expectations. 
We've all wanted to go to the Museum of Ice Cream for as long as I can remember! When we found out tickets were going on sale in a few days we immediately started planning and scheming. Me and Syd got Lexi on board, I asked Bethany last minute (like pretty much as I was buying the tickets), and I surprised Gabrielle with the trip as an early Christmas present (best sister ever am I right?!)

So after we bought the tickets we pretty much forgot about it for a few months. Especially me since it was the week after I got back from Italy. Everything about the trip worked out so seamlessly though! The airbnb that we originally booked fell through but we ended up getting a great hotel right in the middle of Union Square and everywhere that we wanted to go. 
Gabrielle flew to Utah the night before so that she could catch the same flight as me and Syd on Friday morning and we were all shocked at how easy it was to get on our morning flight, take the Bart (subway/shuttle/train) from the Oakland airport into the city, and check into our hotel right across from the Bart stop.

The three of us spent Friday shopping around and having fun while waiting for Lex and Bethany to arrive. Their flights came in right in time for us to get some sushi for dinner. It was so fun to take our time there and get caught up with everybody!
 The next morning we got breakfast at the yummiest and most adorable cafe that Bethany found. Cafe Reveille took good care of us haha! 
 We took the trolley from Union Square to Ghirardelli Square to take some pictures and get some chocolate samples. Me and Gabs had just barely been to San Francisco a few months ago but it was so fun to go back and see it all decorated for the holidays! 
 from there we took an uber to the golden gate bridge because some of us needed a little red on our instagram feed ;) 
*for some reason my hair turned red in these pics though??
 
 
 had to stop and get some flowers on our way
 
THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! 
 
 seriously could not contain the excitement as we went down pink stairs into a pink room and started getting handed samples of delicious ice cream.
 
 
 favorite room had to be this disco one!! It was the teeniest little space that you had to crawl into but was so magical inside!
 
The workers took lots of precautions to keep the sprinkles inside the museum. Like uncuffing our pants, taking our shoes off, having an air compressor blow us off after exiting, duct taping our pants to our bellies (jk) but still somehow when we got back to the hotel sprinkles were EVERYWHERE haha there must be traces of them all over the city.
 
 
 

SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

Becca Olson said...

I'm visiting my friend in Rome during the summer and this post has me so excited!

Gabbie Gabbie said...

This internet web page has given me loads to maintain in thoughts and what I wanted for years!! What a first rate answer!! IT Services